NOTICE – Milledgeville Housing Authority Board of Commissioners Called Meeting Full Notice

About Us

About Us

The Milledgeville Housing Authority was organized in 1957. The six Commissioners are appointed to the Housing Authority Board by the Mayor. The Commissioners create and adopt policies, adopt and approve budgetary expenditures, and implement regulations.
The Milledgeville Housing Authority decided to participate in the Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) program through HUD which essentially converts public housing to Project Based Rental Assistance (Section 8). RAD allows former public housing units to borrow to fund renovations to the properties.
Wray Court and Habersham converted to RAD in June 2019. Graham Homes will convert in 2021.
MHA will expand its mission as part of the RAD conversion to develop and manage affordable housing as well as provide high quality resident services for its residents through its affiliate, Future’s Bright.

Equipment Bid Form

Appointed Commissioners

Dexter Ricks


Vonetta Martin


Owen Pittman
Randy Clark
Hope Waller

Photo coming soon

Sonia Hubbard

Photo coming soon


What's the difference between Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program and Public Housing?
Someone receiving Public Housing assistance must live in one of MHA’s communities. Someone receiving a Section 8 voucher rents a privately owned unit, and gets help with their rent. MHA does not offer Section 8.
Is the Housing Authority part of the City-County government?
No, the Milledgeville Housing Authority is a separate agency. Our one connection to the city government is that the Mayor selects the members of our Board of Commissioners.
When can I apply for housing assistance?
You may apply Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
Where can I apply for housing assistance?

You may apply at Wray Homes at 400 North Glynn Street, Milledgeville, GA 31061 or Graham Homes at 1209 North Jefferson Street, Milledgeville, GA 31061

I need housing immediately, can you help me?
The Milledgeville Housing Authority does not provide emergency housing. Salvation Army, Family Counseling Center of Central Georgia, and the Red Cross are all good places to start looking for crisis assistance.

Please contact one of our communities directly via phone or email to learn more about availability.